Getting employees up to speed as quickly as possible is always the goal of corporate relocation and corporate housing can play a valuable role in meeting that goal.
When employees have to spend hours, days, even weeks searching for a place to live productivity suffers — often when peak productivity is needed most. Corporate housing can ease employees into new locations by providing a place to live so the employees search for a new home can go on the backburner and help the employee to focus on their job.
Corporate housing also gives the employee time to become familiar with their new town and identify what part of town they want to live in long term. Where are the good schools, restaurants, night life, whatever their main concern may be in the new location.
Why extended stay hotels are not the best solution
Extended stay hotels have grown in popularity recently, and they do serve a useful purpose, but there can be issues with using them for relocation.
- Location. Most extended stay hotels are located in commercial areas. Not the most relaxing or homey locations, typically far away from schools, shopping and other important locations for providing a home like atmosphere. Corporate housing is located in residential areas allowing the employee and their families to assimilate more quickly into the area and also enjoy better amenities and location.
- Living amenities. Kitchenettes with micro-refrigerators and microwaves are find short stays, but not acceptable for families looking at long term living of a month or longer. Meals out will get expensive and the loss of home cooked meals can actually affect the health and even emotional well being of the employees. Corporate apartments have full size kitchens that equipped with all the amenities needed to provide a home cooked meal. Corporate housing also offers more of the comforts of home that employees are used to such as; washer/dryer, outdoor living spaces, fireplaces, pantry, pet friendly options, and private parking garages.
- Space. Let’s face it, even the most luxurious extended stay hotels don’t offer the living space that a full sized apartment or home can offer. Especially when families are involved with the relocation, separate living/dining/bedrooms and even outdoor spaces such as patios are very important to maintain a comfortable standard of living where everyone in the family has some privacy.
- Expense. While each market is different, typically corporate housing offers a cost saving advantage over hotels. Cable television, high speed internet, even phone service can be expensive add ons at extended stay hotels while they are included with corporate housing. Often corporate housing can save employees as much as 50% over the cost of an equivalent hotel stay. Relocation is an expensive process so any relief from expenses is a welcome benefit.
Corporate Housing Advantages
- Apartments, condos, and houses, in great locations close to schools, shopping and residential lifestyle.
- Fully furnished housing with all the things you need to settle in for a comfortable stay — housewares, cookware, dishes, linens, towels, and home electronics.
- All living expenses included; utilities, cable and internet all included.
- Flexible leasing — month to month, short term and long term options available.
- Easy booking process with direct billing and major credit cards accepted.
- Personal service provided by experienced corporate housing providers to make your relocation easier.
- Cost savings- corporate housing costs a fraction of most extended stay hotels, while providing more room and all the amenities of a real home. We also provide 24-hour a day personalized service for all our clients.
- Superior service, amenities and savings — your satisfaction is our only goal.